In this Bigcommerce Reviews 2022, I take an in-depth look at one of the best-known ecommerce solutions currently available.
In the post, I’ll walk you through the key BigCommerce features. You’ll learn about all the BigCommerce pros and cons, and by the end of the article, you’ll have a much better idea of whether this ecommerce solution is the right one for your business — or whether you’d be better off with an alternative.
What is BigCommerce?
Before delving deeper into our BigCommerce reviews, let’s take a look at a brief introduction of this platform.
BigCommerce is a prominent hosted eCommerce platform that provides everything you need to create an online store. The only thing you need to do is sign up. Then, you can start personalizing your eCommerce store and monetizing it right away.
This all-in-one solution offers top-quality features including product management, order fulfillment, online payments, analytics, etc. Furthermore, it provides professionally designed themes, with much room for customization. Besides, BigCommerce also handles its security excellently.
BigCommerce offers four monthly pricing plans:
- BigCommerce Standard: $29.95 per month
- BigCommerce Plus: $79.95 per month
- BigCommerce Pro: $299.95 per month
- BigCommerce Enterprise: pricing varies, depending on your business requirements
The next plan in the mix is ‘BigCommerce Pro’. With this plan, you don’t get a huge amount of extra functionality over BigCommerce Plus — but you do get a significantly increased sales limit.
This permits up to $400,000 in online sales, with an additional fee of $150 per month per $200k in sales.
One extra feature which is worth drawing attention to on this plan is Google Customer Reviews — a programme that lets you collect and display feedback from users who’ve made a purchase from your online store.
If you’ve enabled Google Customer Reviews, once a customer buys a product from your BigCommerce store, they will be asked if they’d like to review it on Google (after it’s been delivered).
BigCommerce Pros and Cons
- The product is available to try for free for 14 days.
- 24/7 support: Customer support from BigCommerce is pretty good. You can even get assistance with figuring out things like SEO and the basics of marketing.
- Use the currencies that suit you – including multiple at different times.
- You can get as many staff accounts as you need with any plan.
- If you want to customize your store, the themes can get quite expensive – particularly if you want something from the premium selection.
- You do need to pay quite a bit access to get access to things like the abandoned cart functionality.
- Themes can be very similar to each other in the free section.
- VAT MOSS rates aren’t easily managed for people selling digital products.
BigCommerce Shipping Review
BigCommerce has announced a new and improved shipping process for those who crave more discounts and an easier setup. This shipping plan is launching in March 2019, and it will include the following advantages:
- Speedier shipping from FedEx Express, along with some of the best negotiated rates on the market.
- All of the shipping rates shown on your website are the same as what is shown on the shipping labels.
- BigCommerce has improved the accuracy of its live rates, making for more conversions.
- We’ll start to see more discounted rates from UPS, USPS, DHL, and Fedex.
- The BigCommerce dashboard will offer an automated area for configuring your shipping. This way, you don’t have to go to a third-party website.
BigCommerce Payments Review
One great thing about BigCommerce, is that you aren’t forced to choose one particular method of payment for your customer over another. Instead, you can essentially hook your store up to any payment processing strategy you like.
BigCommerce – Customer Support
If BigCommerce does one thing better than the rest, it’s online customer service. Feel free to go to the customer support page and see what I’m talking about. This type of support involves online forums, tutorials, videos and a knowledge base. That’s great for those who want to complete their own research.
When you sign up with BigCommerce you receive help through the phone, live chat, email and the forum. However, readers have mentioned that the phone and live chat isn’t that helpful. Sometimes you get stuck on the phone for a long time and other times it seems like the representatives aren’t trained properly.
Overall, BigCommerce works for just about anyone who doesn’t want an Enterprise Level System. That’s not to say that the BigCommerce enterprise plan isn’t worth it, but I think there are stronger options out there. I’m hesitant to recommend BigCommerce to a larger company, because you can get the tools you need with Shopify or even Magento. As a startup, Volusion is a tough bargain to pass up.